Terms & Conditions
Booking a Luxury Villa is very different from booking a regular hotel room, especially with regard to payments and cancellations. Please do not just tick the box to accept these terms and conditions (as we all typically do!) – do please read the following conditions carefully.
Each time a Guest confirms a booking of a Villa, a Rental Contract is entered into between Shagufta Resort and the guest in whose name the booking is made (the “Guest”) for the agreed period (“Rental Period”). Each time a Guest books a Property through Shagufta Resort, the Guest is deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions and furthermore is deemed to have agreed for personal data to be processed by Shagufta Resort with regards to the Rental Contract.
- For all rentals – a deposit of 100% of the total rental amount is payable
Typically provisioning costs will be the Guest’s responsibility. Gratuities for household staff are encouraged and normal, but are left entirely to the Guest’s discretion.
Arrival / Departure times
The security deposit will normally be refunded at the end of the rental period, after deducting:
- all additional expenses incurred on the Guest’s behalf (e.g. additional charges for goods, services and staff which have not been directly paid by the Guest, and telephone and internet charges, if applicable) and
- the cost of replacement or repair for any loss or damage to the Property or its surrounds or contents caused during the Rental Period. If this cost cannot be reasonably determined prior to the Guest’s departure, the Owner or the Owner’s Representative is entitled to withhold a reasonable estimate from the Guest’s security deposit, and will return any balance to the Guest as soon as possible after the actual cost has been determined.
Damage or Losses
Number of Guests
Use of Property
If the Guest is planning to hold an event, such as a wedding or party, which involves having a larger number of people at the Property, or if the Guest is planning to use the Property for a purpose other than holiday, please communicate this to Shagufta Resort at the time of booking, as special approval or arrangements may be required. Depending on the nature of the event, a surcharge and/or additional security deposit may be required, which will be agreed and confirmed in writing prior to confirming the reservation.
Conduct and Due Care
The Guest is responsible for the behavior of the guests staying at the Property, as well as visitors to the Property during the Rental Period. Should any guest(s) or visitor(s) not behave in a suitable manner, Shagufta Resort may, in their absolute discretion, require the Guest, their party and/or visitor(s) to leave the premises and/or vacate the Property immediately, without compensation or refund
In the interests of safety, due care should be taken at the Property at all times, especially with children. Suitable supervision should be given around pools, beaches and roads, and when using all Property’s facilities.
Valuables and Security
Shagufta Resoert reserves the right to impose any taxes or other charges which may be implemented by any government or other regulatory body, which were unknown at the time of publishing. Shagufta Resort will tell the Guest promptly in the unlikely event that it becomes aware that any taxes or charges will apply to the Guest’s booking.
In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply:
- 20% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 60 days before the start of the rental period.
- 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period
- 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
- For no-show: 100% of total rental amount will be forfeited.
The applicable amount will be deducted from the deposit and moneys paid, and Shagufta Resort will refund any remaining balance to the Guest.
In the unlikely event that Shagufta Resort is unable for any reason (including the sale of a property and force majeure) to provide the Guest with the Property booked by the Guest, Shagufta Resort reserves the right to transfer the Guest and their party to an alternative Property of the similar type and value, in consultation with the Guest. If the price of the substituted Property is less than the original booking, the difference will be reimbursed to the Guest. If the price of the substituted Property is higher than the original booking, the difference may be charged to the Guest. If, however, after considerable effort by Shagufta Resort, no alternative of similar type and value is available and / or no agreement can be reached between the Guest and Shagufta Resort, then either Shagufta Resort or the Guest may opt to cancel the booking and this Rental Contract. In that event, Shagufta Resort will refund the Guest all monies paid, without further compensation.
Shagufta Resort’s Responsibility
- any physical injury, sickness, death, loss, damage, inconvenience or additional expenses incurred by the Guest, their party or visitors regardless of the cause;
- any vehicle or the contents of any vehicle used, hired or engaged by the Guest or their party during the Rental Period;
- inability of the Guest or any member of the Guest’s party to enter the location of the Property or stay at the Property for all or part of the Rental Period as a result of failure to obtain appropriate travel or visa documentation, cancellation or amendments to travel arrangements or the missing of flights or travel connections; and/or
- any delay or cancellation of the booking as a result of war, threat of war, riot or civil strife, strike, demonstration, terrorist activity (threatened or actual), natural disaster, fire, sickness, weather conditions, action at an airport or port by any government or public authority, technical problems relating to transport and airport regulations caused by technical, mechanical or electrical breakdowns, or any technical, structural, electrical, plumbing or other problems or difficulties with the Property which make it unsafe or unusable, or any other circumstances which amount to ‘force majeure’ or Acts of God, or other events beyond the Owner’s control.
In no case will Shagufta Resort be liable to make any payment or give any refund or compensation of any amount over and above the total rental amount paid.
If any of the conditions of this Rental Contract are or become or are deemed to be invalid, or if there is any omission from any terms and conditions, the remaining terms and conditions will remain valid and enforceable and cannot be contested.