1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to enquire or make a booking through us we will collect details that you provide in relation to that enquiry or booking. Information held is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific travel requirements.
If you choose to let your holiday accommodation with us we will collect details such as your name, contact details, and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let.
We also collect website usage information. We do this using cookies.
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a holiday);
- to enable us to advertise your holiday accommodation, transfer payments due to you and to provide related support services (if you are letting your holiday accommodation through us);
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites;
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see section 6 below);
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
4. Who will you share my information with?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- credit/debit card companies;
- other third parties who we may need to work with to fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example, resorts, management companies, owners associations, airlines, villa owners and other suppliers.
- our third party review administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the accommodation and/or services that have been provided.
5. How do you manage my information?
We may from time to time appoint third party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy laws.
6. When can we contact you in the future?
We would like to send you information about our own products and services, as well as those of selected third parties. We may do this by email unless you have told us that you do not wish to be contacted in this way. We will always ask you to confirm in advance that you are happy for us to allow third parties to contact you by email.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preference or send us an email
7. How long will you hold my information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner. Please be aware that our third parties may have to apply alternate retention policies on your data in line with local legislation. This information is available on request.
8. What are my rights?
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation, May 2018) your rights include, but are not restricted to, the following options:
- confirm whether we hold any of your personal subject data
- send you a copy of any of your personal subject data that we store
- correcting any inaccuracies in your personal subject data
- adding relevant details where the personal data we store is incomplete
- deleting (where possible, in line with legislation) any of your personal subject data
- cease processing your personal subject data(where possible, in line with legislation)
- requesting a copy of the personal subject data in a portable format (where possible, in line with legislation)
- cease processing any of your personal subject data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests
- opting out of any marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
To request a copy of your personal subject data, stored on your behalf, please contact us by email
To request for your personal subject data to be deleted, please contact us by email
9. How can you access and update your information?
You have the right to update or rectify the information that we hold about you. If you would like correct or update your personal subject data, please contact us by email
10. Does this policy apply to linked websites?
11. When do you monitor telephone calls?
We may from time to time record telephone calls you have with members or our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.